Between 1943 and 1946 three class Ge 2/4 electric locomotives with a center cab (so-called "flat irons") were rebuilt and given a new class number in order to have steam-free switching operations at the stations in Chur and Landquart. The savings in weight also made it possible to install a storage battery layout in road number 211. This locomotive was then designated as the class Gea 2/4.
The 24440 LGB model is a prototypical reproduction of this locomotive.
The model has a powerful Bühler motor, an MTS decoder, working pantograph, headlights that change over automatically with the direction of travel, two general-purpose electrical sockets with a safety feature, six electrical pickups, a voltage limiting system, cab doors that can be opened, and traction tires.
Length over the buffers 38cm/15".