Surplus to requirements as more Stroudley D1s came into service, No. 55 Stepney was renumbered to 655 when placed on the LB&SCR's 'duplicate list' in June 1901, after twenty-six years' service at New Cross. Motor-train services led to the re-introduction of the Terrier fleet, with Stepney being used on pseudo single coach 'motor-trains', until 1907, when 655 was fully converted for motor-train use. A1X re-boilering followed in 1912 and by 1923, 655 was at Fratton.
Please note: This uses the 2 Function Locomotive Decoder (with NEM 651, 6 Pin Plug)